Smack Talk
     2006 Charger/Chump

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
JMorris
Posted on: 2006/12/23 22:05
Webmaster
2006 Charger/Chump
Yeah, I've read the reviews. The "New Charger" is fast, it's an overall good performer, and with the 300M-esque styling, it even recalls some of the styling queues of the past, but...

When was the last time you saw a 4-door Charger?! What part of the current Charger (other than the Hemi engine) resembles the original Charger?

Zip, Nada, Zilch, Not a damn thing!

I'm cool with resurrecting a badge on a worthy car to boost sales. That's great, as long as you can reasonably tie the new model in with the old model. Dodge did a REALLY poor job with the Charger. The current charger is based off of the 300M, a freakin' family sedan! And it has 4-doors! What's even worse is that the latest images for the next Charger resemble a Stratus on steroids! It's blasphemy I tell you!

But don't worry, there is hope for Dodge. I've been seeing some wicked images of the new Challenger prototype that faithfully captures the essence of Dodge's glory days.

So, what do you think about the current and proposed Charger? Love it? Hate it? Wish Dodge would go the route of the Challenger for the Charger?

----------------

Olds4-4-2
Posted on: 2006/12/27 7:35
Just popping in
Re: 2006 Charger/Chump
Chump? I wouldn't go that far, but it would be nice if it was a 2 door.

----------------
4 Barrel
4 Speed
Dual Exhaust
One Helluva Good Time!

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 22:28
Not too shy to talk
I think the 4dr idea was dumb but im sure they did it so that they would not be competing with themselves once the Challenger comes out. If it were a 2dr they would of had to up the ante so to speak on the Challenger as well as the pricetag.
I have seen a few really nice Charger's tho. Mullen's currently has a burnt orange one on their used lot with black 18's that is sweet as hell.

----------------
Stupidity is NOT a crime ... Therefore you are free to go

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/4 22:53
Webmaster
I've checked around at a lot of the Charger's on the web and around town. There are some tough rides out there. Unfortunately, there's also a lot of rides out there that look like rice rocket tuners for grown-ups.

No matter how you slice it, it's still a bad ass ride, but the whole 4 door thing just bugs me.

----------------

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:00
Not too shy to talk
I hear ya, im not a 4dr person.
I will say tho a friend of mine has a wife/kids and he has a Mitsu Evo.Personally I like them just dont like the fact they have 4dr's. He said he feels the same way however with the need of a 4dr car he still has the performance sport compact that he wanted. So really I guess the Charger is the new muscle car for the family guy who cant afford to have his practicle vehicle as well as his play toy. Kinda combine's the two.

----------------

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:05
Webmaster
Yeah, it does make sense. If you think about the crowd who *typically* can appreciate the glory days of the muscle car, most of them are family men who need a 4 door, but still want the thrill of the good ol' days.

It seems like another example of the car companies trying to be everything to everyone.

As a family man myself, it would be a real hard choice to decide between a 4-door Charger and the new Mustang GT. Either would give me the the performance I crave, but damn that Mustang coupe is hot!

----------------

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:13
Not too shy to talk
Haha do what I do, buy the Mustang but when you got the kid's use your wife's car.

My gf's daughter still has yet to of even ridden in my GST. When we go somewhere we take something else.. Mainly because I dont want my car to wind up like her cars.. pop/candy/ect. spilled everywhere, toys in it, the list goes on.

Or I guess you could prob sell your kids on ebay? I hear they go for a mint on the black market too.. That'd prob more than pay for that mustang youre wantin haha

----------------

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:17
Webmaster
Haha! The kid would probably buy me an early gen Camaro, but I just can't part with the little stinker. As much as he makes me mad sometimes, he's pretty cool. Now, for a 1st Gen 67Z... Damn, that would be a tough call. LOL!

----------------

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:45
Not too shy to talk
lol.. pm me, I'll make some arrangements!

Back on topic tho..
It's a Mopar - (move over ppl are racing) - which means that the tranny will fall out of it after it gets to about 20k miles. Then the rearend will come out.

----------------

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

/ Design by: MyWebResource VSS, LLC.