Trend Talk
     The New Camaro - Hot or Not?

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
JMorris
Posted on: 2006/12/23 20:58
Webmaster
The New Camaro - Hot or Not?
When I first read that GM was going to bring back the best muscle car they ever made (the Camaro), I almost did a back flip. The early artist renditions were what I had been dreaming of since I was a boy. The original concept was a natural progression of the hotrod that first launched my love for muscle cars. But then, like a razor sharp needle striking an over-inflated balloon, my bubble got busted. I started seeing images of the so-called 2008 Camaro.

Now, I'll be honest, the "New Camaro" is a far cry better than any other Camaro GM has turned out in a couple decades. I mean, COME ON, those door stop wedges GM was calling Camaros just simply didn't capture the attitude of the name plate. Sorry 80's/90's/00's fans, I didn't like those wedges one bit.

Anyways, at least GM had enough sense to return to the roots of the Camaro and bring back the coupe. The 2008 coupe does a pretty decent job of capturing the overall feel of the original, but it just doesn't quite hit the mark like Ford did with the Mustang. In my humble opinion, the prototype GM has been showing off is a bit too "exotic" for my taste. It just doesn't seem to have that "muscle car" feel to me.

I'm really hoping that GM finds a happy medium between the earlier artist renditions of the "New Camaro" and the latest prototype. Personally, when I think of a Camaro, I think of a car that has bold, aggressive lines, looks affordable, and is easy for the average Grease Monkey, like me, to tune into a balls-out performance machine. The "New Camaro" makes me feel like I need to wear a white overcoat and gloves before I can get under the hood.

So, what do you think about the "New Camaro"? Is it everything you hoped for? OR Is it a disappointment?

A little refresher...

----------------

Olds4-4-2
Posted on: 2006/12/27 7:40
Just popping in
Re: The New Camaro - Hot or Not?
Definitely HOT! Looks like a real Camaro. By the looks of the video you have on the homepage, it should be a good match against the Mustang.

----------------
4 Barrel
4 Speed
Dual Exhaust
One Helluva Good Time!

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 22:14
Not too shy to talk
It's hot.
They did a great job capturing the look of the 1st gen while still bringing it up to date. I love how they kept the gauge's in the center console.

The only thing I dislike about it is the fact that the Camaro will turn into the 05' Mustang. The 1st one, 2nd one, and 50th one you see youre going to say "wow" but then after there's more pos v6 model's than v8 and there's one sitting on every corner and at least 10 highschool kids who own them.. they are going ot lose almost all appeal.

----------------
Stupidity is NOT a crime ... Therefore you are free to go

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/4 22:26
Webmaster
That's the one sucky part about muscle cars. Their appeal is that they are high performance cars for the mass market, but along with that comes the POS V6 models that are nothing more than posers.

However, the nice part about those POS V6 models is that you know a you can shoe-horn a sweet crate V8 into them from the manufacturer's performance catalog.

----------------

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 22:56
Not too shy to talk
Haha just remember to move the motor mounts foreward when doing this on a 1st gen. If not the V8 sits back a lil far.. make's it allmost impossible to change the dist. cap. Had this happen once. Was a 6cyl an had a v8 swap before we got it. One good thing was withthe motor sittin back a lil farther it moved that much weight back farther. Still didnt really help traction much tho..

----------------

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:24
Webmaster
Ah, you mean you don't want a V8 sitting in your lap? That's extra warmth in the winter. LOL!

----------------

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:47
Not too shy to talk
Didnt care, didnt drive it, sold it on ebay as soon as it got painted. lol

----------------

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/6 12:47
Not too shy to talk
The vert' camaro was unveiled this week.

----------------

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/8 18:08
Webmaster
Hell ya! Nice lookin' ride!

Link: Camaro Convertable

----------------

FikseGTS
Posted on: 2007/5/8 18:36
Webmaster

I like the design a lot more than the current Mustang.... the Camaro has a menacing look to it.... it had better have the power to back it up though.... the Mustang is availalbe with 550 HP now!
(1) 2 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

/ Design by: MyWebResource VSS, LLC.