Member's Area
     What is your favorite Muscle Car?

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
JMorris
Posted on: 2006/12/25 22:27
Webmaster
What is your favorite Muscle Car?
I've always been curious about why people pick a certain car as their favorite. This forum thread gives everyone the chance to explore this topic and talk about their favorite muscle car. I'll start the discussion.

My favorite Muscle Car is the First Generation Chevy Camaro. To explain why the Camaro is my favorite requires a little story...

Roughly 25 years ago, a friend of mine's mom had a First Generation Camaro. I'm pretty sure it was a 67 SS with a 350 small block, but I was pretty young, so I can't say for sure. Anyways, the car was the epitome of a grass roots muscle car. The car was painted in matte black primer, was trimmed in Cragar SS Mag rims with wide 15" rubber, and sported modest engine and exhaust enhancements. Nothing too special, but just enough to produce that deep V8 rumble that every muscle car enthusiast loves.

My first memory of riding in that car is when I busted my head when I was jumping on the bed and I fell off and landed on a large antique wine bottle. I remember the roar of that V8 engine as my friend's mom raced to the local hospital as blood flowed down my cheek. Even though I was in a lot of pain at the time, I remember loving the sound of that car.

As the years past, I had several other opportunities to ride in that grass roots hot rod and every time was an exhilarating excursion into raw American horsepower. I couldn't even begin to give you specs on the car, but what I can tell you is that when my friend's mom stomped on the gas peddle, I got slammed back in my seat and the loud, but sweet tone coming from the engine compartment and exhaust was music to my ears.

From my very first exposure to the 67 Camaro to this date, I've always had a place in my heart for that car. I guess you could even say the 67 Camaro was my first love. The sound of a beefed up 350 made butterflies flutter in my stomach. The body lines of that generation made me yearn to own a piece of Chevy's glory days. The site of a finely tuned Camaro stomping the pants off of any other make and model of muscle car sent victorious tingles down my spine.

My greatest dream is to own two first generation Camaros. One that is a 67 SS Coupe with the top of the line performance parts and trim in pristine condition and a second first generation Camaro that is a sleeper on the outside, but a fully modern ground pounder under the sheet metal. I am a true classic Camaro fan and will always be one.

So, what is your favorite muscle car and why? Share your story with us!

----------------

Olds4-4-2
Posted on: 2006/12/27 7:33
Just popping in
Re: What is your favorite Muscle Car?
Check the signature. Olds 4-4-2 All the way!

----------------
4 Barrel
4 Speed
Dual Exhaust
One Helluva Good Time!

Jay
Posted on: 2007/1/4 23:43
Not too shy to talk
67' Z28
I could list why but it would take 3 days to type and cause a bandwith overload..

----------------
Stupidity is NOT a crime ... Therefore you are free to go

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/1/8 18:10
Webmaster
I'm sure it would be an interesting read though.

----------------

jayorjon
Posted on: 2007/4/27 13:50
Just popping in
I'm with you on the '67 camaro, but as hard as I try I can't seem to narrow my favorite down to just one, I wish I was like leno with a garage full, lol.

I like the 69 firebird, 71 firebird/camero, 71 cutlasss, 70 mustang mach, 69 mercury cougar.

I currently own a 78 Firebird redbird edition, I like it but its not what I consider a true "muscle car" I hope to buy a true muscle car soon.

Jon

----------------
Webmaster - Muscle Cars For Sale

JMorris
Posted on: 2007/4/28 9:39
Webmaster
Jon,

Welcome to MCS!

I know what you mean man! There are sooo many wicked rides out there that it's hard to pick a favorite. It's only because of that early childhood experience that I have one favorite, but I definitely love a lot of the rides that have come out through the years.

I'm currently working on getting this site off the ground. Once it becomes self-sufficient, and I can afford it, I'm going to be looking for a project car to build that will go along with this site. I'm mainly looking at late model (90's models) Camaros and Mustangs because they are the most affordable to obtain and build. Kida like the official "Muscle Car Scene Tour Car". Stay tuned!

For now, I'm stuck cruising around in my beat up '95 Corolla.

----------------

FikseGTS
Posted on: 2007/5/13 9:56
Webmaster

favorite classic muscle car would be a first gen camaro convertible.... favorite modern day muscle car is the Ford GT....
BadBu
Posted on: 2007/5/16 3:18
Just popping in
Well i dont know if you would really consider it a muscle car but i have had my 1981 malibu for about 10 years, its the first car i bought after i had a motorcycle accident and became paralized from the chest down, i have since nuilt a sbc 406, aluminum heads, tunnel ram, MSD setup, big stall, and have been beatin cars left and right with it. oddly enough my title says 3008lbs which is awful light, i have removed the back seat, the air conditioning garbage "who needs air, thats what windows and the accelerator pedal are for right?" hahahaha. but thats my fav muscle car.
JMorris
Posted on: 2007/5/25 22:39
Webmaster
WOW! You are an inspiration! Much respect due!

Personally, I would consider that a muscle car. You took a stock ride, upgraded it up with some seriously respectable beef, and have been pounding the ground and unsuspecting competitors with it. IMHO, that is the essence of a "muscle car".

It would be awesome to see some pics of your ride man!

----------------

JONNYV8
Posted on: 2007/10/2 20:08
Just popping in
either Chevelle SS or Camaro z/28
(1) 2 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

/ Design by: MyWebResource VSS, LLC.